My Latest Portrait plus a video depicting Female Portraits in Western Art!


Graphite Portrait 

 This is my latest project that was recently commissioned through my Etsy Shop! There's something so wonderful about portraiture. I love the challenge of not only capturing a likeness but also the challenge of suggesting visually something of the soul or personality of the subject! Below is a portrait I did a few years back.

Oil Painting, Japanese girl, kimono
Audrey Hepburn said "The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul."

This video offers a fun presentation of female portraiture throughout the ages! Enjoy!            

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tree of Religion Illustration- Happy Holidays!

Illustrations for Bobblepop!