This blog follows my work as a Caricaturist, Silhouettist as well as a Writer/Illustrator of children's books!
A new way for your child to enjoy an ebook! More sneak peeks from Kamal's Day!
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
This is an interesting video about a website that offers a more interactive way for your child to enjoy ebooks, as well as another way for children's book authors and illustrators to have their work published. You can record you voice to be heard by the child while they look at the ebook! What will they think of next! Check it out here: http://ripplereader.com/
Here are a few illustrations I did a while ago, plus two illustrations (below) from my upcoming picture book, Kamal's Day to be released soon from Bellwood Press, an imprint of the US Baha'i Publishing Trust.
This is an illustration I did a few years back for the Core Curriculum Series of Books
put out by The National Spiritual Assembly of Baha'i of the US.
The sketch for the finished piece above.
This is from my picture book Kamal's Day!
Snack time at Children's class!
I have to say that I did more caricature gigs in 2024, not to mention a few Silhouette gigs this year than I ever have in the fourteen years or so that I've been doing silhouettes and caricatures at events throughout Maine, New Hampshire and Mass. I'm looking forward to upcoming gigs in 2025! My calendar is already starting to fill in! Some of my events this year included several wedding receptions, a baby shower, birthday parties, a family day at a retirement community, an anniversary party on a yacht, comic cons for kids in Portland, Me and Concord, NH, a lawn chair festival, prom parties, late night project grad. celebrations, fall festivals, and several corporate parties as well as Holiday events! I just loved being a part of all of these and have never had as much fun doing Caricatures and Silhouettes for people! Here are a few! A princess at Kids Con in Concord asked me to draw her caricature! A project grad. in ...
A number of years ago, I went to a children's book conference at the University of Mass. with some friends. We got to see Tommy Di Palo (StregaNona, etc.) speak about his Italian-Irish family and how he based many of his books on his upbringing in that culture. One of the workshops I took that day was presented by the noted African-American children's book illustrator James Ransome. He showed slides of his work and discussed his method of illustration and especially how he used composition to compliment the action in his books! After the workshop I got to ask him a question I had because I was working on a children's book at the time that featured an African-American child. I asked about illustrating children from a different culture or race than your own. I had previously read an article saying that illustrators or writers should stay within their own race or culture in their artistic endeavors. In other words, since I'm white do I have the right to illustrate or w...
SO grateful that I have two books that I've written and illustrated available on line NOW! A picture book for the young ones and a chapter book for older readers! My picture book about a day in the life of a Baha'i Child called Kamal's Day, published by Bellwood Press, shows how a young boy studies some Baha'i quotes in his neighborhood children's class and is involved in other core activities in his home and neighborhood. Glad to say that this book would make a great gift for a child from age 3 to 8! Me with my book-Kamal's Day, published by Bellwood Press! Join Kamal as he goes about a typical day in his neighborhood, spending time with his family, attending a neighborhood children's class, visiting an elderly neighbor, playing with his friends, and helping his parents host a study circle. Kamal's Day offers us a glimpse of a young person who is fully engaged in the community-building process, and it is hoped that Kamal will offer famil...
Comments
Post a Comment