Children are as a branch that if fresh and green: they will grow up whatever way ye train them"- Baha'i Writings

I thought I'd share some of my illustrations featuring parents with their children! This is my latest contribution to Illustration Friday! The theme this week is Secret. Do you know what this little girl's secret is?


Here is a great quote about children from the Baha'i writings:

"Children are even as a branch that if fresh and green; they will grow up in whatever way ye train them.Take the utmost care to give them ideals and goals, so that once they come of age, they will cast their beams like brilliant candles on the world, and they will not be defiled by lusts and passions in the way of animals, heedless and unaware, but instead will set their hearts on achieving everlasting honour and aquiring all the excellences of humankind."

I did this illustration years ago for no particular reason except that I like this lullabye (it's part of the drawing) by Christine Lavin and felt like illustrating it. It's nice to pull it out of my portfolio and share it here!

A pencil drawing of a mother and child

These next three illustrations are from my forthcoming picture book, Kamal's Day soon to be released by Bellwood Press, an imprint of the US Baha'i Publishing Trust! More info to come!



Kamal and his mom- Time for prayers!
Kamal and his dad-Time for bed, reading stories of Abdu'l-Bah

Time for Breakfast
 Needless to say I love children! And I love drawing them and drawing for them!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tree of Religion Illustration- Happy Holidays!

Kamal's Day and Babysitter Blues make great gifts!