My Birthday weekend!

What a great birthday weekend I had a couple weeks ago! On Saturday,2/9 I enjoyed doing Silhouettes at the Valentine event of the Old York Historical Society, in York, Maine!

They had planned the event around my doing silhouettes, and had arranged for people to sign up ahead of time, and though we didn't have a crowd of people, there were enough to keep me busy, and several families wanted silhouettes of more than one child and also wanted to buy the extra silhouettes! I always


cut two silhouettes at a time, because I can either keep them as extras, or sell them to people for a lesser price. Also cutting a folded piece of silhouette paper (always black on one side and white on the other) with the black on the inside makes it much easier to cut! All in all a very nice (though cold) day at the Old York Village Museum!

The next day, February 10 was my birthday! And 27 years ago on that day I gave birth to my last of three children, a son! What a birthday gift! I have to say that I'm grateful that so far, he doesn't mind celebrating our birthdays together! Many young men in their twenties would rather spend their birthdays with friends rather than their moms! I feel grateful!
And yes, I don't mind revealing that I am now 66 years old! I have had more successes with my freelance art experiences in my late 50's and early 60's than in my whole previous life before!  Each day brings new things to experience! I'm learning so much! Moving on and having fun!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tree of Religion Illustration- Happy Holidays!

Kamal's Day and Babysitter Blues make great gifts!