My Newest Submission to Illustration Friday

I haven't submitted any drawings to Illustration Friday, an online weekly challenge for illustrators, since earlier in 2014. I thought I'd start submitting again, mostly for the challenge, but not to mention the fun! I did this drawing in about a half hour after seeing that the theme this week is Toys!
Illustration Friday
"Toys"
I'm still working on illustrations for "Jamila Does Not Want A Bat In The House"a picture book for the US Baha'i Publishing Trust's children's book imprint- Bellwood Press.

But sometimes doing a quick spontaneous illustration like this helps me balance my need to draw while I'm working on something like a book that requires a lot of research and planning.
Another kind of spontaneous drawing I've been enjoying lately is making mandalas. I will be doing an adult ed. class on Mandalas in Spring, and have been keeping a mandala journal. Here are some samples:
Leona Hosack Art

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tree of Religion Illustration- Happy Holidays!

Kamal's Day and Babysitter Blues make great gifts!