Which Drawing? Witch Drawing!



I been recently working on an idea for a graphic novel! The story is about a witch and her slave and I've been working on it for about a year now, but I just recently decided to try and make it into a graphic novel. I have thought about joining NaNoWriMo to work on this novel.


What is NaNoWRiMo you say? It's a challenge to write a novel from start to finish in a month that's been around since the late 1990's. Nation Novel Writing Month is November, and you can learn more about it at the website. It's set up with everything you need to finally bring that idea for a novel you've always had into existence. The website connects you with others doing the same thing and supports you with feedback, critiques and more. I have decided not to do it this time, but it's a great thing to check out if you're interested.

Learn more about National Novel Writing Month, NaNoWriMo here: http://nanowrimo.org/

And you can check out how to layout a graphic novel at WikiHow. This website has been helpful to me! http://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-Graphic-Novel

So I've been working on character sketches and here are my ideas for the witch in the story. She grows up throughout the book so I have been working on making her look consistent at different ages. It's interesting drawing a witch! I didn't want her to look too traditional, but wanted her to have a personality unique to herself and be someone you could identify with as she undergoes a lot of changes through the story.
Witch child grows up!




Old Baukis!
Baukis at around twelve years old!

This is Zarin- the main character and the witches slave.
Still working on look of Zarin!
This is a sketch of what the first page might look like.

My latest submission to Illustration Friday. "Goblins in a dish". The theme this week is "Creatures"!  

This is an illustration that I did in Art school years ago!
Happy Halloween!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tree of Religion Illustration- Happy Holidays!

Illustrations for Bobblepop!