Salt River Performs at Red and Shorty's in Dover, NH Sept. 28th at 8pm

Gretchen Rubin says in her insightful book"happiness Project" that determining your passion, if you don't already know what it is, is easier if you think about what you did at the age of ten for fun!

"But whatever your passion might be, happiness research predicts that making time for a passion and treating it as a real priority instead of an "extra" to be fitted in at a free moment (which many people practically never have) will bring a tremendous happiness boost."  "...What you enjoyed doing as a ten-year-old, or choose to do on a free Saturday afternoon, is a strong indication of your passion."

I remember when I was ten, I drew all the time. I sang all the time too! I loved putting the poems in the back of my third grade reader to music just for fun. When I was sixteen I asked my folks for a guitar and have been playing ever since!
 One time someone  I didn't know well and haven't seen since, told me that I should choose music or art to pursue and not both! He was well meaning, but I let it bother me for a while. I just love art and music both! Many people do! And I plan to continue with both my arts and music as long as I can! So there!!

One of my passions for the last fifteen years has been playing music with my awesome folk-blues group Salt River!
                     So happy to announce that we are performing at the end of the week!

On Saturday, September 28th at 8 pm, Salt River will be performing at the new Red & Shorty's Coffeehouse, in Dover N.H, 4 Paul Street (2nd left off Henry Law Ave.

This venue is a house concert at the home of Joe and Lorna Simes.  The former owners of Elysium Folk Club have opened their home to a new music series and we are excited to be a part of this.

    Seating is limited to about 30, so we suggest making reservations, by emailing them at:
    redandshortys@gmail.com  They also have a Facebook page.  Our next performance will be at First         Night in Portsmouth, NH.  
Salt River at Prescott Park a few years back!

One of our promo pictures!

Playing at Joe's Sime's old venue-Elysium Folk Club at the
Salmon Fall's Mills in Rollingsford, Me a couple of years ago!

This picture was taken back when we were a trio, before Cathy King joined us on Bass.
I think this was at a fundraiser for The School Around Us in Kennebunk, Me.
Happy Music Making!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tree of Religion Illustration- Happy Holidays!

Kamal's Day and Babysitter Blues make great gifts!