Memories- 

I remember being a kid about 5 or older, going with my mom to the textile mill shop to pick out fabric for whatever project my Mom was working on for her latest sewing client. She always had customers coming to our house for her wonderful sewing skills. 

She often did alterations for them and created hand-made clothing. We went quite often to the textile store. Oh how I loved getting lost in that store, hiding among the rich beautiful bolts of fabrics nestled close together on shelves. It seemed like there were hundreds of them. I became intoxicated by the textures, colors, patterns and feel of the cloth. 



When I was in College majoring in Illustration/Visual Design, with a concentration on Children's Books, I did a work-study job for at least one semester, being an assistant to one of the Textile teachers. Besides basic cleaning up after students I got to organize drawing materials, and including labeling shells and other nature items, and putting away still life objects that the students used for drawing. At one point I got to help her organize a slide show of student work that would be shown simultaneously with a second slide show that featured photos of city scenes and nature scenes. My task was to find similarities between the student work and the photos. I almost switched my major to textiles. But I decided to remain in my chosen  major. 


In my current work besides creating custom silhouette, caricature and graphite portraits, I have been really enjoy experimenting with origami and other types of paper in collaged arrangments! It brings back my love for patterns and color! Fun to fall back on my love of textile design now that I can actually have my designs available on clothing and various items! Happy to be able to feature this style in my Red Bubble Shop!






Check out my Red Bubble shop here:

https://www.redbubble.com/i/t-shirt/Fishy-Dreams-by-leonahosack/70225532.VL7OD?ref=explore-for-you-recently-viewed
Keep on keeping on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tree of Religion Illustration- Happy Holidays!

Illustrations for Bobblepop!