Working on a new book!





Children's book illustration
Character Sketch for Jamila


I'm on the verge of receiving hard copies of my book "Kamal's Day" from Bellwood Press! 
Any day now! And my kickstarter project for my book Babysitter Blues is in the final stages of  tweeking before it goes live! So inspite of being busy, busy, busy, it is with great pleasure that I can announce that 
I'm now working on a new illustration project!

This is a picture book also for Bellwood Press! I'm having fun using pinterest as a holding place for reference pictures I want to use for ideas on how the furniture and decor looks in this girl's house. 
http://www.pinterest.com/leesinterests/
(See some of the living room ideas I've used below.)
One of my challenges is to make the character look the same throughout the book! Here are some character sketches I've done for the main character Jamilla. Nothing is set in stone yet!

More character development for Jamila!



Leona Hosack drawings
A possible cover for the book.

I used some ideas from the photos below in this sketch of Jamila's house!

I adore the books arranged by color. The vintage globes provide great repetition of color and shape and a great feature.
Found on BHD.com

A cozy guest room makeover with an easy home library created with three freestanding bookcases!
Found on theinspiredroom.net
Design Fixation: A Modern Take On Curtains For The Living Room
Found on designfixation.blogspot.com
I'll

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tree of Religion Illustration- Happy Holidays!

Kamal's Day and Babysitter Blues make great gifts!