"Be Happy,be Happy, be full of Joy!..."- 'Abdu'l-Baha

A new Cheering Child to cheer us on this week! Even though the week is almost over! Thumbs up!
"Be Happy, be Happy, be full of Joy!..." "The afflictions which come to humanity sometimes tend to centre the consciousness upon the limitaions, and this is a veritable prison. Release comes by making of the will a Door through which the confirmations of the Spirit come.".... 'Abdu'l-Baha
The theme this week is Children! I did this  a few years ago and submitted it to Down East Books in Maine along with a picture book idea for a story based on a song I wrote called "Livin' On The Coast of Maine".
Alas, they weren't interested in it at the time, but they sent me a very encouraging rejection letter.
My 7 year old grandaughter Phaedra found out I was submitting art work to Illustration Friday and she wanted to do it too.This is her submission for last week when the theme was Sweet!


This is her submission this week for the theme "Children"
Looks like a cheering child to me!
Interesting since she hasn't seen any of my "Cheering Children" yet. I think it's because school is now out and she's excited for the arrival of Summer!

Have a happy day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tree of Religion Illustration- Happy Holidays!

Kamal's Day and Babysitter Blues make great gifts!