How to do 18 Portraits in 5 days!




Portraits by Leona Hosack
Caroline Kathleen Appler
I've been very fortunate to have received many orders through my Etsy shop in the last week. Altogether (but who's counting, right?) -I had  eighteen portrait orders from Wednesday to Sunday last week. Some were requested to be done in time for Mother's Day!I had such a blast drawing these beautiful children! I must admit that I tend to fall in love with any face I draw, no matter whose face it is, but I especially love the little ones!


As I worked I was grateful for several programs on both my pc and my laptop which allowed me to enlarge the photos I was working from. I worked from sketching very lightly, to gradually putting down  darker and darker pencil lines; being aware of subtle gradations of value and trying to maintain a fresh look by not blending with my fingers, which I used to always do. I find that leaving the lines in tact and visible makes the drawing more vibrant!



This is the photo I worked from for the portraits of the following three sisters!
No I didn't draw the princess! Maybe later!





One was an order for fourteen caricatures which weren't actually for Mother's Day but for a conference for hotel managers in North Carolina, which was an event happening on the weekend! Here are a few of those caricatures! I did a lot of research looking up background images to go with each person that reflected their personalities! Google images are great!



 Happy Drawing!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tree of Religion Illustration- Happy Holidays!

Kamal's Day and Babysitter Blues make great gifts!