How to Be Unique in a Sea of Artists






My now Graduated son Adam! 
Following on the wake of many Etsy orders (Samples below) I recently recieved for portraits with descriptive words surrounding the subject, I thought I would try it with a graduation theme, since my son just graduated from College! And since graduation season is not quite over yet, I decided to post it as an sample in my Etsy Shop!


Here is a great video by children's book illustrator and teacher Will Terry entitled "Are we creating too many Artists?" He discusses a theme close to my heart-do we need more artists in the world and  how can I be unique in my own work with a world of other artists out there? He touches on the difference between being original and copying, and also talks about how an attitude of abundance rather than scarcity relates to originality. Very inspiring!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tree of Religion Illustration- Happy Holidays!

Illustrations for Bobblepop!